drugstorenoun [ C ]uk /ˈdrʌɡ.stɔːr/ us /ˈdrʌɡ.stɔːr/ US UK chemist, chemist's
- If you're going to the drugstore, could you get me something?
- I bought some bandage from the drugstore.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- I've passed this same old drugstore seven times.
- If the wound be likely to keep on oozing blood, put on first a thickness of surgeon's cotton, or prepared cotton-batting, an ounce of which can be purchased for ten cents at any drugstore.
- Suddenly an idea occurred to her and she made straight for the nearest drugstore.
- Then quite suddenly he stepped from the train and made his way to where the magenta-pink and violet lights of Martin's drugstore glowed in the night.
- What an alluring place the little drugstore was!