druidnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdruː.ɪd/ us /ˈdruː.ɪd/
Examples from literature
- Darkness afterwards went over the face of the earth, through the incantations of the druid.
- For him Stonehenge and other stone circles were temples of the druids.
- The druids and the magicians were also wont to come to prophesy to them.
- The king was greatly enraged against Patrick for the killing of his druid.
- While the man from the woods waved his bough aloft and chanted that monotonous hymn, an idea of the ancient druids arose in my mind.