dry adjective (NOT WET)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
dry adjective (BORING)
dry adjective (NO ALCOHOL)
dry adjective (NOT SWEET)
dry adjective (HUMOUR)
noun [ U ] uk /ˈdraɪ.nəs/ us /ˈdraɪ.nəs/
dryverb [ I or T ]uk /draɪ/ us /draɪ/
Hang the clothes up to dry.
dry the dishes UK also dry up (the dishes), UK do the drying (up)
- You're sopping wet - go and dry yourself and get changed.
- The school provides paper towels for the children to dry their hands on.
- If she leaves her hair to dry on its own, it just waves naturally.
- We'll have to wait another couple of hours for the paint to dry.
- He was humming a tune as he dried the dishes.