Examples from literature
- Buried treasure almost always needs to be dug up and removed.
- Here, to their complete mystification, they saw a large hole about four feet in depth had been dug.
- In spite of miles and miles of snow-sheds and snow-fences, and ever so many steam snow-plows, the railroad is blocked now and then until a way can be dug through huge heaps of drift.
- They dropped their clam shells near the holes they had dug, and started up the beach.
- This tunnel wasn't dug in the side of a hill.