dulcimernoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʌl.sɪ.mər/ us /ˈdʌl.sə.mɚ/
Examples from literature
- And all the time he played cunningly on the dulcimer.
- Little Prince Ivan sat down and played tunes on the dulcimer—sad enough tunes.
- She heard the music of the dulcimer, so she made sure he was still there.
- The orchestra, on the stage, consisted of a guitar, a sort of dulcimer, and a drum.
- With this dulcimer I shall be able to tap out our Irish melodies when I am abroad, and transport myself to Ireland for a few minutes, or a few bars.