dumdum bulletnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʌm.dʌm ˌbʊl.ɪt/ us /ˈdʌm.dʌm ˌbʊl.ɪt/ also dumdum
Examples from literature
- Among these seizures were many chests containing dumdum bullets and bearing the stamp of the ammunition factory where they were made.
- Dumdum bullets are rightfully ruled out because they inflict frightful and often incurable wounds, and the aim of humane warfare is to disable the enemy, not permanently to injure him.
- French soldiers have never used dumdum bullets.
- In their bodies we find dumdum bullets, and we hear tales which confirm those of the refugees.
- The department has received no other complaints of alleged sales of dumdum bullets by American citizens to belligerent Governments.