dunderheadnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʌn.də.hed/ us /ˈdʌn.dɚ.hed/ old-fashioned informal
Examples from literature
- Am I such a dunderhead that I haven't made that plain?
- Do you mean to say you were such a pack of dunderheads you didn't see it coming?
- It is particularly unpleasant to hear a bullet come singing and booming down the line from some excited dunderhead on the far left or right.
- The lazy dunderhead, I'll soon fix him!
- You're the stupidest dunderhead I ever saw or ever heard of, so help me Moses!