duodenumnoun [ C ]uk /ˌdʒuː.əˈdiː.nəm/ us /ˌduː.əˈdiː.nəm/ plural duodenums or duodena specialized
Examples from literature
- From the duodenum are developed the two large glands that we have already mentioned—the liver and pancreas.
- In birds the duodenum always forms a long loop embracing the pancreas.
- Normally, no fetid gases are generated in the stomach or duodenum.
- These unite to form a common tube which, uniting with the duct from the pancreas, empties into the duodenum.
- This duct at last enters the duodenum in company with the common bile duct.