dustbinnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʌst.bɪn/ us /ˈdʌst.bɪn/ UK US garbage can, trash can
- A quarter of the contents of an average family's dustbin is organic matter.
- I was woken up by a couple of drunks larking around with a dustbin in the street.
Examples from literature
- 'Finally,' he says, and throws the bare stalk into the dustbin.
- Because some one locked the gate on me, sir, while I was hiding under the shed where the dustbins are.
- In our closet the school servant found some beads on the floor but since she did not know anything she threw them into the dustbin.
- The broom and dustpan sweep up the pieces, and consign them to the dustbin.