dustpannoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʌst.pæn/ us /ˈdʌst.pæn/
Examples from literature
- He carried the dustpan and broom away to their places, but he did not reenter the room.
- He sprang up only to come into collision with the dustpan full of flour which lay near his chair.
- The broom and dustpan sweep up the pieces, and consign them to the dustbin.
- Then she threw that piece, too, into the dustpan.
- Tommy had gotten a broom and a dustpan and was already raising a cloud of dust by her efforts at sweeping.