dysenterynoun [ U ]uk /ˈdɪs.ən.tər.i/ us /ˈdɪs.ən.ter.i/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- At the time of this engagement Sir James Brooke was lying ill with dysentery.
- Dysentery now attacked the crew, and the boatswain's mate died.
- Dysentery was raging in their ranks, and many could scarce drag themselves along.
- Scurvy, diarrhea, dysentery, and hospital gangrene were the prevailing diseases.
- Two of the men were now invalids, one with scurvy, the other with dysentery.