eaglenoun [ C ]uk /ˈiː.ɡəl/ us /ˈiː.ɡəl/
- Above the mountain, eagles circled in soundless flight.
- We saw the eagle swoop from the sky to catch its prey.
Examples from literature
- Eagles are one of the largest and strongest birds in the world.
- Eagles often build their nests at the top of tall trees or on mountains where their babies are safe from other animals.
- Eagles use their powerful eyes to find food.
- Eagles use their strong wings to fly fast and high in the sky.
- Even from high up, eagles can see things very far below them.
- Penguins swim with their flippers, and eagles fly with their wings.
- Sometime in the 1950s, Mr. Owoo made a beautiful chair in the shape of a large bird, an eagle.