eating disordernoun [ C ]uk /ˈiː.tɪŋ dɪˌsɔː.dər/ us /ˈiː.t̬ɪŋ dɪˌsɔːr.dɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- adjustment disorder
- age-associated memory impairment
- anorexia nervosa
- antisocial personality disorder
- learning difficulties
- male menopause
- persecution complex
- seasonal affective disorder
- Stockholm syndrome
- visual variant of Alzheimer's disease
Examples from literature
- Eating disorders mean eating compulsively because of a distorted body image.
- Occasionally a neurotic individual with a pre-existing eating disorder will become obsessed with fasting and colon cleansing as a justification to legitimize their compulsion.
- This is bulimia, the eating disorder discussed earlier.