eau de colognenoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌəʊ də kəˈləʊn/ us /ˌoʊ də kəˈloʊn/ plural eaux de cologne
Examples from literature
- Can you give me five minutes to lie down quite flat and dab my forehead with eau de cologne?
- He was provided with scent and eau de cologne.
- I uncorked a bottle of eau de cologne, one of lavender-water, and a little bottle of new-mown hay, so that she might have a choice.
- It seemed to be a curious compound of incense, cabbage, garlic and eau de cologne, with a suggestion of camel.
- She fussed around me, covering me up and offering smelling salts and eau de cologne for my head.