A1 the number 8:
- The shops shut at eight o'clock on Wednesday evenings.
- The sum of 13 and 8 is 21.
- We've been married eight years.
- There'll be eight for dinner, counting ourselves.
- Can you read this figure? Is it a three or an eight?
(Definition of “eight” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
Get a quick, free translation!
More meanings of “eight”
Word of the Day
look like a million dollars
to look or feel extremely good, often because you are wearing something that costs a lot of money