A1 the number 8:
- The shops shut at eight o'clock on Wednesday evenings.
- The sum of 13 and 8 is 21.
- We've been married eight years.
- There'll be eight for dinner, counting ourselves.
- Can you read this figure? Is it a three or an eight?
(Definition of “eight” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
Get a quick, free translation!
More meanings of “eight”
Word of the Day
to move along by putting one foot in front of the other, allowing each foot to touch the ground before lifting the next