electoral collegenoun [ C ]uk /ɪˌlek.tər.əl ˈkɒl.ɪdʒ/ us /ɪˌlek.tɚ.əl ˈkɑː.lɪdʒ/
Examples from literature
- However, the disposition of Lincoln's vote gave him the electoral college.
- Should the electoral college be continued?
- The President and Vice-President are elected, through an electoral college, for a term of four years.
- The electors of all the States are called collectively the electoral college.
- These three classes then elect the members of an electoral college, who then elect the member of the house.