the electric chairnoun [ S ]uk /ɪˌlek.trɪk ˈtʃeər/ us /ɪˌlek.trɪk ˈtʃer/
Examples from literature
- Blizzard was in the power of that which all his mature life he had feared more than hanging or the electric chair, more even than prisons.
- But if you can't prove that there was no premeditation, you're tagged for the electric chair.
- The accusation, the trial, the conviction, the sentence to death in the electric chair—all a dream.
- The evidence against him is sufficient to send him to the electric chair.
- To-day they greeted its appearance with as much enthusiasm as they would the electric chair.