electrical engineernoun [ C ]uk /ɪˌlek.trɪ.kəl en.dʒɪˈnɪər/ us /ɪˌlek.trɪ.kəl en.dʒɪˈnɪr/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- He was an electrical engineer, with an office in the city, and had a tolerably good income, although his first wife's New England thrift had compelled him to live parsimoniously.
- His ambition was to become an electrical engineer.
- Its publication excited such interest abroad that he received numerous requests from English and French electrical engineers and scientists to repeat it in those countries, the result of which has been the interesting lecture published in this volume.
- The short, stout man, to whom the electrical engineer was chiefly directing his discourse, was conducting himself peculiarly.
- The young man had spent three years at Oxford, and was an electrical engineer.