electriciannoun [ C ]uk /ˌɪl.ekˈtrɪʃ.ən/ us /ˌɪl.ekˈtrɪʃ.ən/
- The electrician has diagnosed a fault in the wiring.
- You'd better get a qualified electrician to sort this out - you don't some amateur messing around with your electrics.
Examples from literature
- Many kinds of workers, including researchers, electricians, mechanics, and cooks, live at Scott Base.
- His suspicious eye saw nothing beyond a busy electrician replacing a switchboard.
- If there is any doubt regarding the condition of electric wiring it will be real economy to have a licensed electrician inspect it and replace any which is obsolete or not in accord with insurance regulations.
- Once the house was gutted to brick and timber and delirious wood, the plumbers and the electricians came in and laid down their straight shining ducts and pipes and conduit.
- Then the electrician opened a switch, and the roar outside diminished and finally ceased.
- Then, with the electrician, he strolled over to inspect the remains of the billiard saloon.