Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- And before you reach the end you will have encountered en route pretty nearly all the moods of poetry that exist: tragic, humorous, ironic, elegiac, lyric—everything.
- I turn now to the elegiac poets of modern times.
- Rather tender and elegiac than vigorous, the deep sadness underlying the most sparkling forms of his work is most notable.
- She concluded in the following elegiac strain, which did not fail to touch our sympathies.
- Six lines in elegiac couplets.