elephantnoun [ C ]uk /ˈel.ɪ.fənt/ us /ˈel.ə.fənt/
- Measures must be taken to protect the world's depleted elephant population.
- In the past eight years, the elephant population in Africa has been halved.
Examples from literature
- A baby elephant gets milk from its mother.
- Although motor transportation is often used today, elephants are still an important way to travel.
- And an elephant is inside its mother for 22 months.
- But a female elephant stays with her mother.
- Do you think zoo keepers feed elephants and play with monkeys all the time?
- During adolescence, a male elephant leaves its mother and goes with a group of other young males.
- Now, some people have started green tourist projects that keep elephants safe and give them good living conditions.
- Thailand is also famous for another unusual type of transportation: elephants!
- That cloud in the sky looks like an elephant!
- That night the elephant was warm and happy.