Examples from literature
- One famous example was Elizabeth I of England, whose thick white mask of makeup helped give her an emotionless, royal expression.
- He is so emotionless, so remote and aloof from all mundane concerns.
- His eyes were dull and emotionless as he stared across the blue, smiling water to the long, straight line of the horizon.
- His facial features, usually so emotionless, revealed a certain uneasiness.
- His voice was cold, emotionless, unpleasant.
- She, too, watched with emotionless face.