emplacementnoun [ C ]uk /ɪmˈpleɪs.mənt/ us /ɪmˈpleɪs.mənt/ specialized
Examples from literature
- At each emplacement there was a range chart giving the ranges to all parts of the enemy's trenches, and to every prominent object both in front of and behind them, within its field of fire.
- I was in an outpost with one of the companies when I saw in the distance one of our men crawling on his hands and knees up to a German machine-gun emplacement.
- Nor were all these emplacements in condition to receive their armament.
- Such notes greatly assist in locating machine gun emplacements.
- We made a very excellent and strong emplacement on the road, and used it henceforth.