encouragementnoun [ C or U ]uk /ɪnˈkʌr.ɪdʒ.mənt/ us /ɪnˈkɝː.ɪdʒ.mənt/
- We are extremely grateful for all your help and encouragement.
- He's very nervous about cooking for us, so give him lots of encouragement.
- As an encouragement to potential customers, they are offering three months' interest-free credit.
- Some companies use bonuses as an encouragement to their staff to work harder.
- He never needs any encouragement to go to bed - he's always tired well before bedtime.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words