endure verb (EXPERIENCE)
- During the war many couples had to endure long periods of separation .
- The family said they had endured years of torment and abuse at the hands of the neighbours.
- Words alone cannot convey the untold misery endured by people in these refugee camps.
- By the third month of the expedition they had endured many hardships, but worse was to follow.
- He endured his illness with great stoicism.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
endure verb (CONTINUE)
adjective uk /ɪnˈdʒʊə.rə.bəl/ us /ɪnˈdʊr.ə.bəl/