engagement ringnoun [ C ]uk /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒ.mənt ˌrɪŋ/ us /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒ.mənt ˌrɪŋ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- He looked and saw that she had slipped her engagement ring off her finger.
- I took off the beautiful diamond engagement ring you gave me, and put it in the pocketbook.
- On her wedding day a bride either leaves her engagement ring at home when she goes to church or wears it on her right hand.
- She kissed me in a fraternal manner, and I then saw that she wore an engagement ring.
- William was engaged now to his brunette, and had bought her an engagement ring that cost eight guineas.