engravernoun [ C ]uk /ɪnˈɡreɪ.vər/ us /ɪnˈɡreɪ.vɚ/
Examples from literature
- Her father was an engraver.
- The engraver was doing his work delicately, secretly, but he was at work, and it was Ernest's hand that guided the steel as it left its deepening grooves.
- Those, however, are undoubtedly the productions either of engravers or of their scholars who copied their works.
- Tired of the sea, for awhile he obtained employment with a medallist, where his skill as an engraver stood him in good stead.
- When necessary, after each operation, a resinous grain may be applied in the manner usual with engravers.