Have you had enough (to eat)?
B2 as much as or more than is wanted:
Stop. You've made enough of a (= a lot of) mess already.
You've drunk more than enough (= too much) already.
Enough already! (= No more!)
enough is enough
enough said informal
have had enough
- My concern is that you're not getting enough work done.
- There isn't enough contact between teachers and parents.
- He didn't allow us enough time to finish the test.
- Are there enough pencils for everyone?
- I hadn't had enough sleep and was feeling a bit grumpy.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
- You don't chew your food enough - that's why you get indigestion.
- We're not doing enough to protect the environment from pollution.
- You won't be warm enough in that flimsy dress.
- Barry seems happy enough working for himself.
- Will the rope be strong enough to hold my weight?