entomologynoun [ U ]uk /ˌen.təˈmɒl.ə.dʒi/ us /ˌen.t̬əˈmɑː.lə.dʒi/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
noun [ C ] uk /ˌen.təˈmɒl.ə.dʒɪst/ us /ˌen.t̬əˈmɑː.lə.dʒɪst/
Examples from literature
- But as I am sure from your greater knowledge of ornithology and entomology that you will write a much better discussion than I could, your paper will be of great use to me.
- Entomology was his special study.
- He was an amateur physician, a student of botany and entomology, and a considerable geologist.
- It reminded him of two or three books on entomology which he had left in his mother's cabin.
- The father was particularly interested in entomology, and Spencer himself used to collect, describe, and draw insects when a boy.