equal adjective (SAME)
- Are the two bags equal in weight?
- He believes that all children are born with equal intelligence.
- We must make sure that everyone gets equal shares of the food.
- Applicants should have a degree or a qualification of equal status.
- One unit of alcohol is equal to half a pint of beer or a standard measure of spirits.
equal adjective (ABLE)
equalnoun [ C ]uk /ˈiː.kwəl/ us /ˈiː.kwəl/
equalverb [ L only + noun, T ]uk /ˈiː.kwəl/ us /ˈiː.kwəl/ -ll- or US usually -l-
equal verb [ L only + noun, T ] (BE THE SAME)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words