equalitynoun [U or C]uk /ɪˈkwɒl.ɪ.ti/ us /-ˈkwɑː.lə.t̬i/
- Civil rights include freedom, equality in law and in employment, and the right to vote.
- Gandhi was loved and revered for his unceasing struggle for freedom and equality.
- Sexual equality will not be achieved until there is more provision for childcare.
- We are committed to the ideal of equality.
- The commission discussed ways of combatting poverty and increasing social equality in the member countries.
- affirmative action
- Amnesty International
- civil liberties
- equal opportunity
- gender discrimination
- human rights
- positive discrimination
- reverse discrimination
- the disappeared
- women's libber
- women's liberation