equipverb [ T ]uk /ɪˈkwɪp/ us /ɪˈkwɪp/ -pp-
equip verb [ T ] (EQUIPMENT)
- The thieves equipped themselves with duplicate keys to the safe.
- They have been charged with equipping the guerillas with arms.
- Before we can open the centre we have to equip it for use, which will take time and money.
- Didn't the teacher equip you with paper and pencils before she sent you out sketching?
- After equipping me with the necessary tools, he sent me up the ladder to repair the roof.
equip verb [ T ] (SKILLS)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words