Is $50 equivalent to about £30?
- An imperial gallon is equivalent to 4546 cubic centimetres.
- This bag holds an equivalent amount, although the shape makes it look smaller.
- It's important to stress that this qualification is not equivalent to a degree.
- Surely men and women doing equivalent jobs should be paid the same amount?
- I think that covering up the facts is equivalent to lying really.
equivalentnoun [ C usually singular ]uk /ɪˈkwɪv.əl.ənt/ us /ɪˈkwɪv.əl.ənt/
- I couldn't get any cream cheese so I bought the nearest equivalent that I could find.
- The medical fluid may have been infected with the human equivalent of the disease.
- This is the electoral equivalent of bribery.
- He runs the equivalent of three marathons a week.
- Their production of oil and gas was the equivalent of 909,000 barrels a day last year.