errornoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈer.ər/ us /ˈer.ɚ/
B2 a mistake:
He admitted that he'd made an error.
error of judgment
see the error of your ways
- Hospital authorities admitted that a tragic error had taken place.
- The reason for the disaster was engine failure, not human error.
- The error occurred when someone left out the decimal point.
- Your essay is full of spelling errors.
- There are some serious errors and omissions in the book.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: