escape verb (GET FREE)
Two prisoners have escaped.
- In order to escape capture, he fled to the mountains.
- He had to jump out of an upstairs window to escape.
- Refugees have been pouring into neighbouring countries to escape the civil war.
- Both children escaped unharmed from the burning building.
- In the end she left home just to escape the tyrannical rule of her mother.
escape verb (COMPUTER)
escape noun (GET FREE)
He made his escape on the back of a motorcycle.
an escape route
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: