Eskimonoun [ C ]uk /ˈes.kɪ.məʊ/ us /ˈes.kə.moʊ/ plural Eskimos or Eskimo
Examples from literature
- Eating foods high in fat helps the Eskimos stay warm.
- Eskimos first lived in Alaska more than 7,000 years ago.
- Eskimos know how to live with freezing temperatures.
- Eskimos make fires inside the igloo and the snow keeps the heat in.
- Eskimos traditionally make their clothes from animal hair and animal skins.
- The Eskimos cut the ice into squares, and they use these to build the igloo.
- The Eskimos, called Inuits in some places, live in Alaska, Canada, Greenland, and northern Russia.
- The traditional Eskimo food is meat from animals such as seals, walruses, and whales.
- Today, most Eskimos live in modern houses in villages.
- You can learn about the Eskimo people and life in the town many years ago.