esplanadenoun [ C ]uk /ˈes.plə.neɪd/ us /ˈes.plə.nɑːd/ old-fashioned
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- It has blossomed into a watering-place of some pretensions with a pier, an esplanade, and a generous profusion of public walks.
- Near the esplanade they found the finest shops, and the ladies went into some of them to see the goods.
- On such mornings, the hotel steps and the esplanade would be dotted with anxious groups waiting for breakfast, and observing the omens of the sky.
- She walked along the esplanade somewhat disappointed that the beach should all of it be large pebbles.
- There is also a fine esplanade for promenading, which in the season is well patronised.