Examples from literature
- Charles glanced ever and anon at the sky.
- Ever and anon she would raise her head and gaze mysteriously in the direction of a cloud of dust which moved slowly over the hill toward the town.
- Ever and anon the bearer of a bird would be saluted by a passer-by who would desire to know its price.
- From the kitchen came cheerful sounds and scents of cooking, and ever and anon from the door waddled, with quite surprising celerity, the unwieldy bulk of the mistress of the house.
- Nevertheless, ever and anon, they sought to exchange a timid kiss, to see what would happen.