- The film was about an evil genius who wanted to control the world.
- She was given a magic charm to ward off evil spirits.
- I don't believe that human beings are innately evil.
- This evil, cold-hearted killer confessed that he often drugged his victims before he killed them.
- In the 'Harry Potter' films, does the evil wizard, Voldemort, ever actually appear?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
evilnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈiː.vəl/ us /ˈiː.vəl/
For the sake of long-term peace, the military option is the lesser evil/the lesser of two evils (= the less unpleasant of two bad choices).
the battle between good and evil
- Poverty and ignorance, the bishop said, were the forces of evil in our society today.
- Frank subscribed firmly to the belief that human kindness would overcome evil.
- She was portrayed in the papers as the embodiment of evil.
- You should never meddle with the powers of evil.
- His new book is a gruesome tale of evil, deceit and murder.