evolutionnoun [ U ]uk /ˌiː.vəˈluː.ʃən/ /ˌev.əˈluː.ʃən/ us /ˌiː.vəˈluː.ʃən/ /ˌev.əˈluː.ʃən/
Darwin's theory of evolution
- Religious traditionalists objected to theories of evolution being taught in schools.
- We watched a documentary about the story of human evolution over the last three million years.
- The new telescope has helped us to understand more about the evolution of the universe.
- This product was an extremely significant step in the evolution of computer games.
- Natural selection is seen as the force which directs the course of evolution by preserving those traits best adapted to survive.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: