evolutionnoun [U]uk /ˌiː.vəˈluː.ʃən/ /ˌev.əˈluː.ʃən/ us /ˌiː.vəˈluː.ʃən/ /ˌev.əˈluː.ʃən/
- Religious traditionalists objected to theories of evolution being taught in schools.
- We watched a documentary about the story of human evolution over the last three million years.
- The new telescope has helped us to understand more about the evolution of the universe.
- This product was an extremely significant step in the evolution of computer games.
- Natural selection is seen as the force which directs the course of evolution by preserving those traits best adapted to survive.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: