"I still owe you £7, don't I?" "Actually, it's £7.30 to be exact."
- I looked the word up in the dictionary to check the exact meaning.
- We don't yet know the exact wording of the agreement.
- The exact number of casualties still hasn't been confirmed.
- I forget the exact age difference between Mark and his brother - they're two or three years apart.
- Mystery still surrounds the exact circumstances of Stalin's death.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
noun [ U ] uk /ɪɡˈzækt.nəs/ us /ɪɡˈzækt.nəs/ formal exactitude, uk /-ˈzæk.tɪ.tʃuːd/ us /-ˈzæk.tə.tuːd/