examineverb [T]uk /ɪɡˈzæm.ɪn/ us /ɪɡˈzæm.ɪn/
examine verb [T] (LOOK AT CAREFULLY)
- The nurse pulled a screen around the bed so that the doctor could examine the patient in private.
- We inject the rhinoceros with a powerful sedative, so that we can then examine it closely.
- He squatted down and examined the front wheel of his bike.
- Don't sign any contract before examining its conditions carefully.
- We started our research into local history by examining the town's origins.
examine verb [T] (TEST)