exchange ratenoun [ C ]uk /ɪksˈtʃeɪndʒ ˌreɪt/ us /ɪksˈtʃeɪndʒ ˌreɪt/ also rate of exchange
- The Central Bank intervened in the currency markets today to try to stabilize the exchange rate.
- She programmed the computer to calculate the exchange rate in twelve currencies.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Business men who are accustomed to watching fluctuations in exchange rates use the quotations as a sort of barometer to foretell trade conditions.
- He wrote theories on the interaction of supply, demand, interest rates, rents, coinage, and foreign exchange rates.
- Western tariffs or quality requirements are pitted against Eastern exchange rates, in a war on trade whatever its consequences on economic and political stability.