exchange noun (GIVING AND GETTING)
exchange noun (CONVERSATION)
exchange noun (STUDENTS)
exchangeverb [ T ]uk /ɪksˈtʃeɪndʒ/ us /ɪksˈtʃeɪndʒ/
If you don't like the gift, you can exchange it.
- Do you want to exchange this toaster for another (one) or do you want your money back?
- We always exchange hugs and kisses when we meet.
- A cheque that is not negotiable cannot be exchanged for cash and must be paid into a bank account.
- They briskly exchanged greetings before starting the session.
- He talked about the humiliation of exchanging his clothes for the prison uniform.
adjective uk /ɪksˈtʃeɪn.dʒə.bəl/ us /ɪksˈtʃeɪn.dʒə.bəl/