excretanoun [ U ]uk /ɪkˈskriː.tə/ us /ɪkˈskriː.t̬ə/ formal
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- All excreta which cannot be burned is buried so that it cannot be reached by flies.
- Excreta is the most deadly form of waste, and too much care cannot be exercised in disposing of it.
- In a case of suspected typhoid fever the examination of serum, blood and excreta would be necessary to determine whether the case were really typhoid or not.
- In both cases a physiological test of the excreta will give accurate information.
- The appearance of the excreta rather recently left by a bird on a leaf is well known.