exegesisnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌek.sɪˈdʒiː.sɪs/ us /ˌek.sɪˈdʒiː.sɪs/ plural exegeses specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- But little exegesis is needed for a right comprehension of the true and substantial import of the work.
- His works embrace the departments of exegesis, doctrine, and practical religion.
- In later life he compiled numerous works of scriptural exegesis.
- It is now more than thirty years since he was elected professor of Old Testament exegesis at Berlin.
- Theology and church history and exegesis and sacred rhetoric retreated from the foreground of that scholastic drama.