exhibitverb [ I or T ]uk /ɪɡˈzɪb.ɪt/ us /ɪɡˈzɪb.ɪt/
C1 to show something publicly:
- Most zoos try to exhibit animals in naturalistic settings.
- The crown, decorated with diamonds and other precious stones, was exhibited in a special case.
- The new wing of the museum had to be large enough to exhibit several huge dinosaur skeletons.
- We have exhibited many of his works at our gallery in recent years.
- One member of our pottery class is now exhibiting and selling her ceramics very successfully.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: