exitnoun [ C ]uk /ˈek.sɪt/ /ˈeɡ.zɪt/ us /ˈek.sɪt/ /ˈeɡ.zɪt/
exit noun [ C ] (DOOR)
an emergency exit
- At the end of the performance, there was a mad dash for the exit.
- Turn off the motorway at the next exit.
- The police are covering all the exits, so they've no chance of escape.
- Is the emergency exit suitable for wheelchairs?
- There are three exits from the gallery, but only one leads directly onto the street.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: