expandverb [ I or T ]uk /ɪkˈspænd/ us /ɪkˈspænd/
- I don't think we should expand our business in the current economic climate.
- In their second album, the band tried to expand their stylistic range.
- The college is not able to expand because of restrictive planning laws.
- Their economy has expanded enormously, while ours, by contrast, has declined.
- In their efforts to reduce crime the government expanded the police force.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: